Monday, May 7, 2012

How I Got Above the Fold: Steps to the Promised Land

When I arrived at my current company, web traffic was less than stellar, with a handful of web hits per day, mostly sourced on our product or company name, which is fairly unique.  The question was:  Where do I start with a blank slate, and how do I get on the radar for desired keywords?  It took a solid year of diligent, structured work to rise to the top, as there were several well established "Kings of the Keywords".  Over the next few weeks i will break down my method into several posts on how anyone can achieve top search placement.  Below are the key focus areas:

  1. Keyword research and analysis
  2. Web site structure, content and dimensions
  3. Checkpoint-How do they view me?
  4. Aggressive linking
  5. Creating a blog web
  6. Follow on techniques
I should have the first one out in the next day or two, and share my path to success and SEO suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment